In order to take advantage of the increased storage space after a VPS upgrade, you need to resize your partitions manually.
You can do it using the Gparted graphic utility.
How to mount Gparted:
- Log in to your VPS Control Panel with Control Panel Username and Control Panel Password you received by email
- Click on the CDRom tab
- Select 'Gparted 0.18 x64'
- Click on the Mount button
- Click on the Settings tab
- Choose the '(1) CDRom (2) Hard Disk' type of Boot Order
- Reboot your VPS by clicking 'Reboot' button in your VPS Control Panel
After VPS reboot the system will boot into the Gparted interface.
Resizing a Partition:
- Select a partition
- Click on the tab and choose
- Adjust the size of the partition
- Specify the alignment of the partition
- Click on the
- Reboot your VPS
Please don't forget to change Boot Order type to default '(1) Hard Disk (2) CDRom' in your VPS Control Panel.
In case you have more than one partition (i.e. main partition and swap), they will initially be next to each other, which will prevent you from extending the main partition into the unpartitioned space. In this situation all you have to do i to move the last partition(s) to the very end of the unpartitioned space and then extend the main partition to fill the gap